The Senate

Why: The scene in the Senate needs a lot more explanation as to how the senators found out about the clone army and agreed to use it, as well as an effort to not make Jar Jar look so goofy.

How: Here are some ideas for new dialogue. Very rough ideas mind you…:

JAR JAR: Given the current developments and as acting leader of the opposition, meesa propose that the Senate vote immediately on emergency powers for the Supreme Chancellor.

MAS AMEDDA: The request for the vote has already been approved and long delayed. Vote is commencing.

Small lights light up on all the senate pods. The delegates proceed to press buttons on the pods indicating a yes or no. Special attention is paid to JAR JAR as he presses yes.

MAS AMEDDA: The vote is completed. The motion has been passed.

MAS AMEDDA looks at PALPTATINE and tells him a few words quietly.

MAS AMEDDA: Without a doubt.

PALPATINE smiles at MAS AMEDDA and stands up to speak.

PALPATINE: It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy. I love the Republic. The power you give me I will lay down when this crisis has abated. Now, I have been informed that an army of clones has been created for the Republic in the name of the Jedi Council. And as my first act with this new authority, I will send forth this “Grand Army of the Republic” to counter the increasing threats of the separatists.

MACE: It is done then. I will gather what Jedi we have on Coruscant and go to Geonosis to help Obi-Wan and assess this threat.

YODA: Many more I feel you will need. To Kamino I will depart immediately and on Geonosis join you I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment