"To be angry is to be human"

Why: I think this line spoken by Padmé was added to the DVD version but was not in the original theatrical version, and for the better. The only word I can say about that line is…CUT IT! How can she possibly say something like that after she learns that he had just slaughtered a whole camp of sand people? She’s a democrat for crying out loud and this is the total opposite of democracy. Also, Anakin’s line, “I’m a Jedi, I know I’m better than this,” doesn’t work because it’s too early for that. He just confessed his hatred toward the tuskens and now he’s saying how he’s better than that? It’s like getting into a really heated argument with someone and swearing at them and then apologizing instantly. It doesn’t work. More time has to pass, therefore leave the line out.

No comments:

Post a Comment