The Force Awakens intro

I guess I was one of those people who went into seeing The Force Awakens cautiously, as I didn't know what to expect from Disney and JJ Abrams, but was ultimately left with very mixed feelings about it after seeing it. I loved that JJ decided to go the route of using practical effects, and I also liked seeing the old characters that we grew up with on the big screen again.

That said, my main issues with this movie were as follows:

  • The movie concluded with too many unanswered questions and loose ends, more than any of the previous movies by a long shot
  • A lot of the themes and plot devices were repetitive and echoed (too closely) those of ANH
  • I didn't feel like I liked or connected well to the new characters
  • Some of the action sequences were too over-the-top and reminded me of Marvel movies

I don't know if anyone will be making changes to this movie anytime soon, but here is a list of things that I feel could have made the movie better.

No comments:

Post a Comment